Welcome on Saint Seiya Online Community.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet... Please Register.

Saint Seiya Online EU (English Version) Coming!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exclamation Re: Saint Seiya Online EU (English Version) Coming!

Post by BadPicollo on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:14 pm

@darshie wrote:I have PWE office not that far; I was wondering if I can just walk by and ask directly; instead than waste time sending email that nobody really read.

So far I sent 5 email and nobody gave a damn to reply

Go and check then.

▬SIGNATURE▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BadPicollo
Admin
Admin

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zollty

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:05 pm

@DJPrince wrote:
@vladko92 wrote:Well everyone is up to quit China, because of that... because let's be real, to play a game on a language which you understand and finally understand all the system and how to progress, it's much more important than any progress which you've made. At least for me is important... because otherwise I can't fully enjoy the game...
well i will quit china if 55%+ of TH is translated in english cuz yeah i agree with the game enjoyable if it was in english  the only  that pushes to keep playing in chinese is that im saint seiya fan thats the reason i even play the game but i admit it in english it would be much better

Well TH recently added the items translated to English... so you can now understand what they are call or what does your pet wants... so right now the main things in game are translated like 20-30%? May be more, may be less... not sure... haven't played TH version for quite sometime... I hate that I have to progress from zero...

IGN: Marthin
Server Name: Five Old Peak

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:40 am

@BadPicollo wrote:
@darshie wrote:I have PWE office not that far; I was wondering if I can just walk by and ask directly; instead than waste time sending email that nobody really read.

So far I sent 5 email and nobody gave a damn to reply

Go and check then.

I assume that none of you has ever received a reply from them, right?

Let's have a sit-in in front of PWE offices...occupy PWE

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:45 am

@vladko92 wrote:
@DJPrince wrote:
@vladko92 wrote:Well everyone is up to quit China, because of that... because let's be real, to play a game on a language which you understand and finally understand all the system and how to progress, it's much more important than any progress which you've made. At least for me is important... because otherwise I can't fully enjoy the game...
well i will quit china if 55%+ of TH is translated in english cuz yeah i agree with the game enjoyable if it was in english  the only  that pushes to keep playing in chinese is that im saint seiya fan thats the reason i even play the game but i admit it in english it would be much better

Well TH recently added the items translated to English... so you can now understand what they are call or what does your pet wants... so right now the main things in game are translated like 20-30%? May be more, may be less... not sure... haven't played TH version for quite sometime... I hate that I have to progress from zero...

So which is the actual issue with translating quests on our own; like Liss was doing?

Beside the language barrier, which can be avoided having someone that read CH, and can just write on a word file the meaning of the quest; is there any software limitation or restriction that does not allow to get the text localized?
I have some time available, but I don't speak CH, nor I read it.

Since ENG patch is dead; and we are hoping in an official translation that may never come; the last thing to do is to do it on our own at this point.
I saw translation of games for console on cartridges; is possible that it is harder to mod a pc game than a console game on cartridge?

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:51 am

@darshie wrote:
@vladko92 wrote:
@DJPrince wrote:

So which is the actual issue with translating quests on our own; like Liss was doing?

Beside the language barrier, which can be avoided having someone that read CH, and can just write on a word file the meaning of the quest; is there any software limitation or restriction that does not allow to get the text localized?
I have some time available, but I don't speak CH, nor I read it.

Since ENG patch is dead; and we are hoping in an official translation that may never come; the last thing to do is to do it on our own at this point.
I saw translation of games for console on cartridges; is possible that it is harder to mod a pc game than a console game on cartridge?

Console games files are much more easier to mode and you have everything put in a text documents while with Saint Seiya Online, it's different...

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:43 am

@vladko92 wrote:

Console games files are much more easier to mode and you have everything put in a text documents while with Saint Seiya Online, it's different...

Ok, it is different; how it is different? How do you actually mod the files of the game?

Console games were impossible to mod, unless you have a disassembler to rip the rom from the cartridge, and a blank EEPROM to put the modified rom on it...we are talking of Genesis/SNES games; not of Xbox360 or PS3 games. OR do you refer to the ripped ROM? Nowadays it is easy, because you have things that were not available 20 years ago.

This is to give you an idea just to make a cartridge; without even account for the work to disassemble the code from the original ROM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36m87M1Gzi8

That's why I pointed out that seems weird that some people with limited resources were able to translate some games 20 years ago, while we, with internet and the wealth of knowledge that we have, are not able to make a translation for this game.

If someone has info about the specs and the tools to actually work with the files that contain text, I will be more than happy to spend time on it.

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:12 am

If it was that simple do you think that people would have not done it by now... and don't forget 20 years ago might have being hard, but 20 years ago didn't had our tech, and with the current tech, don't forget that tech evolve with time too... so if now would be easy to do 20 year old game, today to do full online game, you will need the original engine and files through which you can work your way throughout the game and translate everything necessary, now the society does have the files and the engine for SS, but no one of the Chinese will tell you how to obtain it (looking at those pirate servers lurking around) ... because they hate the rest of the world... well Hate it's a bit too overpowered to say... but simply they don't like us... so if you know a Chinese who is a developer, and is willing to look for you for those files... and send them over to you... and start working on it with you... then it's pretty much impossible, unless you have connections with companies, who can offer their service to the Chinese Perfect World and request permission + contract, to work on the game... because beside translating... codes and bugs must be checked once the changes are done and this takes time too...

So yea... it's not that simple...

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 am

In fact I didn't assume that it was easy....that's why I was asking what is the problem in modding this game to support English language.

I don't get the "hate" toward western players; if we play their game, it is also good for them because the game gain popularity and more updates and better content will be made....I won't mind even sink money in a game, if I can really enjoy it. I was hoping for a SS game since when I bought my gameboy with the jp cartridge of the SS game; and now that it is here (although far from what I was hoping), I feel bad at not being able to fully enjoy it; just because I don't know CH.

So nobody worked with Liss? She figured out the whole thing on her own? What about these that does ES and FR patch? If it can be done by them, maybe we can do it in EN too...

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm

@darshie wrote:In fact I didn't assume that it was easy....that's why I was asking what is the problem in modding this game to support English language.

I don't get the "hate" toward western players; if we play their game, it is also good for them because the game gain popularity and more updates and better content will be made....I won't mind even sink money in a game, if I can really enjoy it. I was hoping for a SS game since when I bought my gameboy with the jp cartridge of the SS game; and now that it is here (although far from what I was hoping), I feel bad at not being able to fully enjoy it; just because I don't know CH.

So nobody worked with Liss? She figured out the whole thing on her own? What about these that does ES and FR patch? If it can be done by them, maybe we can do it in EN too...

Their patch is the same as ours however they have a bit more stuffs translated, and much more correct, also there isn't any bugs like the ones which the English one had...

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellgadis on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 pm

@Vladko92 ,so then u're saying that their patch is better?
Zellgadis
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:16 pm

@Zellgadis wrote:@Vladko92 ,so then u're saying that their patch is better?

That correct.

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:31 am

I still have problems to understand who would be the person that holds the knowledge about how to make a patch...and why people that make patch does not work together, since they all do the same thing, just in a different language.

There was a time when forums and internet, were used by people to actually get to work together on something, even if they were in distant places :)

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellgadis on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:06 pm

@darshie wrote:I still have problems to understand who would be the person that holds the knowledge about how to make a patch...and why people that make patch does not work together, since they all do the same thing, just in a different language.

There was a time when forums and internet, were used by people to actually get to work together on something, even if they were in distant places :)

It's hard to make a good patch so it always takes very long and people can't work together because
they have different ideas and also they usually think that their own patch is better.
Zellgadis
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:12 pm

@darshie wrote:I still have problems to understand who would be the person that holds the knowledge about how to make a patch...and why people that make patch does not work together, since they all do the same thing, just in a different language.

Their Ego is getting on the way.. that the problem...

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:36 am

I see; I thought that since the languages are different, people can work together, because each one can make the translation in their language as they see fit. But from what I can read, it seems that the issue goes deeper than that.

I wish I knew CH to help; sadly I am of no help, unless someone is willing to give some info. How much would it cost to have a language student to take the task to translate the strings? I found some people that are doing translation from JP, for hentai games...maybe they could know how to localize this game too. Asking doesn't cost a thing :)

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am

Just FYI, I was at PWE offices; and they didn't let me speak with anyone.

The PR that came to talk, briefly explained that unless you are part of the press, it is just a waste of time to try to contact them.
Which makes sense...why would they respond to email after all? Is not like you have an email to talk to people...just with the right people :)

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:42 pm

@darshie wrote:I see; I thought that since the languages are different, people can work together, because each one can make the translation in their language as they see fit. But from what I can read, it seems that the issue goes deeper than that.

I wish I knew CH to help; sadly I am of no help, unless someone is willing to give some info. How much would it cost to have a language student to take the task to translate the strings? I found some people that are doing translation from JP, for hentai games...maybe they could know how to localize this game too. Asking doesn't cost a thing :)

You can ask, sounds fair to ask for such thing, but this student should be at dispose each week so it can translate every new thing coming in, plus he have to understand how to code and stuff like that... and it's rare to find someone like this... xD

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by darshie on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:49 am

@vladko92 wrote:
@darshie wrote:I see; I thought that since the languages are different, people can work together, because each one can make the translation in their language as they see fit. But from what I can read, it seems that the issue goes deeper than that.

You can ask, sounds fair to ask for such thing, but this student should be at dispose each week so it can translate every new thing coming in, plus he have to understand how to code and stuff like that... and it's rare to find someone like this... xD

Well, I just need a native speaker; the code is my job ;)

So far I had no luck decrypting the main executable; there is no way to get the strings in a hex editor. The CH characters are double byte characters, I suppose that you need a machine set up in that language to get the original characters for each sentence. I have the JP locale but not the CH; I may install it on a virtual copy of XP and see if I can get anything out of it.

So far there is nothing code related that I can do; this is more a job for a cracker, which I am not :(

Still I can't understand how others did it; whoever knows how to do it is well aware that I have posted here. Which makes me think that whoever knows how to do it, is not interested in explaining it. Then don't blame others if there is no help out there :P

darshie
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:58 pm

So still no new news about International Release on English or getting one of the versions fully translate to English.

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:49 pm

@vladko92 wrote:So still no new news about International Release on English or getting one of the versions fully translate to English.
no but i've heard that some small english versions are available
still you speak french or spanish they have some updates on those kinda versions

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellgadis on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:10 am

@Kadaj wrote:
@vladko92 wrote:So still no new news about International Release on English or getting one of the versions fully translate to English.
still you speak french or spanish they have some updates on those kinda versions

I think there's version 0.0.1.64 and 0.0.2.13
available in french
Zellgadis
God Saint
God Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by vladko92 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 pm

@Zellgadis wrote:
@Kadaj wrote:

I think there's version 0.0.1.64 and 0.0.2.13
available in french

I am not interested by them, simply because the translation is of poor quality... most of the time, I was actually hoping till now for programmers to take everything translated over the Thailand version and implant it in SSO China client...

vladko92
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nansiilieva on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:38 pm

K , i give up, is it coming out or not? xD

Nansiilieva
Ranks : User
Ranks : User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:19 am

so the full version is still unavailable?
~ we've been waiting for to long, I don't think that it will come out soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by ARESS on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:32 pm

how download this game thx
ARESS
Bronze Saint
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top