Saint Seiya Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Tutorial - How to make a SSO Patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video Tutorial - How to make a SSO Patch Empty Video Tutorial - How to make a SSO Patch

Post by llanero8 Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 am

Hi guys,

As I told to BadPicollo, I'm publishing a video tutorial showing how to make by yourself a SSO Patch.
First of all, you need to have all of these before start making the patch:
- Notepad++ (or any other text editor)
You can download it from here: :11423:  http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download

- Quickbms (to extract/import files from/to PCK file)
- script.bms file (file needed by Quickbms)
- luadec.exe (to decompile extracted files)
You can download these files from here: :11423:  Pack

- original PCK files from game's package folder (interfaces.pck and script.pck).
You can find these files in yours game's package folder

- translated files from a previous Patch (only a few LUA files)
These are the files provided by tiger316 in his tutorial: :11423:  Translated files

Note: In script.pck you will find LUA files, that can be translated, those files are used to describe items, skills, Dungeons, Dialogs, etc. These LUA files are the ones that most of the people translate. In interfaces.pck you will find XML files that can also be translated, those files will affect windows/panels inside the game. i.e. Guild, Settings, Soul System, Artifacts windows... etc.

Well, now you have all what you need to make the Patch. Let's see the video where I explain how to do it:

That's all, I hope now you will be able to create your own Patch, if not? I can provide you my Spanish/English patch. Right now there is a new update ongoing (0.1.31) so this could be the better time to test what you could learn here :)

Bye,
llanero8
llanero8
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Back to top Go down

Video Tutorial - How to make a SSO Patch Empty Re: Video Tutorial - How to make a SSO Patch

Post by BadPicollo Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:47 am

Good man, thanks i will check it when i come back from work :a1145 :a1145 :a1145
BadPicollo
BadPicollo
Admin
Admin

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zollty

Back to top Go down

Video Tutorial - How to make a SSO Patch Empty Re: Video Tutorial - How to make a SSO Patch

Post by edneyhelene Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 pm

can u please provide us your patch link for download?
edneyhelene
edneyhelene
Silver Saint
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by llanero8 Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:48 pm

I created a new topic here, where you can find my patch: New Spanish/English Patch - 0.1.31 - by llanero8
llanero8
llanero8
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by DJPrince Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:07 pm

thx man
DJPrince
DJPrince
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by fenix2021 Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi, can you give the code to the run3.bat. i cannot make it work
fenix2021
fenix2021
Black Saint
Black Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by llanero8 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:26 pm

fenix2021 wrote:Hi, can you give the code to the run3.bat. i cannot make it work

Unfortunately I cannot, because I created that file by myself with a lot of effort, researching several time in the internet, I know you can do it by yourself too, however, in the video I explain that the main command line to decompile a "single" LUA file is luadec.exe compiled_file.lua > decompiled_file.lua so, if you want to decompile several files you need to run that command line for every single LUA file.

However, I can tell you how that bat file works:

1. Go inside the folder and sub-folders that contain all the compiled LUA files
2. Execute the command line for each LUA file (This creates new decompiled LUA files)
3. Delete old compiled LUA files
4. Rename new decompiled LUA files with the same name as original(old) files

and that's all. I hope this can help you.
llanero8
llanero8
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by BadPicollo Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:28 pm

I think this is too much for my brain :smille3:
I will try again when i will be not bored, thanks for the guide again man.
BadPicollo
BadPicollo
Admin
Admin

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zollty

Back to top Go down

Post by llanero8 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:46 pm

BadPicollo, however, I'm thinking on migrating my patch to 100% English, I'll let you know if I take the decision  :a1162
llanero8
llanero8
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by fenix2021 Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:23 am

Hi, Can you share the bat to reimport please? I did it all but i cannot test yet.

Help me :)
fenix2021
fenix2021
Black Saint
Black Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by DJPrince Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 pm

i can't make my own sso Patch it's too hard and to long man :smille3: but can you share me a link for your 100% English sso patch so i can use it plz dude..!
DJPrince
DJPrince
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by llanero8 Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Just a clarification: My original patch was in Spanish/English, something like Spanish 80% and English 20%.

Now, I started migrating my patch to English, but this is a huge effort and probably will take several weeks to have it completely in English, for next version I have translated more stuff from Spanish to English, so it will be easier to understand for all non-spanish speakers :)
The idea is with every new update, translate not only the new stuff added to the game, but also Spanish files to English.
I'm not sure how much time should I need to complete the migration from Spanish to English, but with every new update the patch will become more English :)
llanero8
llanero8
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by DJPrince Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:32 pm

llanero8 wrote:Just a clarification: My original patch was in Spanish/English, something like Spanish 80% and English 20%.

Now, I started migrating my patch to English, but this is a huge effort and probably will take several weeks to have it completely in English, for next version I have translated more stuff from Spanish to English, so it will be easier to understand for all non-spanish speakers :)
The idea is with every new update, translate not only the new stuff added to the game, but also Spanish files to English.
I'm not sure how much time should I need to complete the migration from Spanish to English, but with every new update the patch will become more English :)
if you wanna to make it 100% english , well take your time dude , hopefully not to long but we're here for the patch so Good luck..!!
DJPrince
DJPrince
Athena's Saint
Athena's Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzika Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello everyone!
I hope this is not the wrong section
I have a problem regarding the .lua files (to make a translation Italian amateur)
I can extract the files from script.pck but .lua files are blocked! I tried using the tutorial on this site but when I can create a dec_file.lua weighs 0 kb
can anyone tell me what wrong?

I apologize for my bad English D:
bazzika
bazzika
Bronze Saint
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by llanero8 Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:09 pm

bazzika wrote:Hello everyone!
I hope this is not the wrong section
I have a problem regarding the .lua files (to make a translation Italian amateur)
I can extract the files from script.pck but .lua files are blocked! I tried using the tutorial on this site but when I can create a dec_file.lua weighs 0 kb
can anyone tell me what wrong?

I apologize for my bad English D:

Hi, when you first extract files from script.pck, are those files 0 KB too? or only when you try to decompile them.
llanero8
llanero8
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by xenkain Sun May 22, 2016 3:28 pm

hello how do I repack the modified files of interfaces.pck ?
xenkain
xenkain
Bronze Saint
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum